On Sunday the 30th of August the school will be having an event called On Show. This is basically a day where parents, students and basically anyone who wants can come to the school to see our D&T projects being showcased.



Since I had to make so many changes and fix so many problems that kept popping up with my trolley, I had to spend most of my free periods and after school time fixing them.


Yesterday I finally lay down the cork tiles for the middle level. Unfortunately the glue we used (contact glue) did not work so well so when we came the next morning to see if it had dried, our efforts were fruitless as the tiles did not stick as intended and they buckled and were not sitting correctly on the surface. After fixing this and redoing the tiles again with spare tiles that I had we finally lay the bottom layer of cork tiles using PVA glue this time. Since we are so close to On Show the class has permission to work on their projects tomorrow morning and miss some time off class to finish it in time for Sunday. So all I have to do now is assemble each level of the trolley along the legs according to where I marked it out and screw in the wheels. After all that the porcelain tiles which I purchased the other day have arrived and I will be laying them loosely on the top layer which is where most of the heavy and very hot pots will sit.




0 comments

Post a Comment